Subject: [bug#76311] Request for merging "kernel-team" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 10:36:44 +0100

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, May 11, 2025 at 03:00:31PM -0400, Greg Hogan wrote:
>> Are we ungrafting eudev on the kernel-team branch? The replacement was
>> only added recently.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. It would be nice to ungraft it now.
>
> Chris, how does the QA build farm react to changing the branch as often
> as I have been, (a few times per day)? Does it cancel pending builds if
> the branch is updated? Or does it continue to build out the old branch,
> which would make it relatively costly? I want to know how to use the
> build farm properly with the team branch workflow.

pending builds are canceled if the branch is updated. The data service
does take some time to process revisions, so making small and frequent
changes to a branch can slow things down. The biggest factor at the
moment though is Git operations to fetch from Savannah hanging and
causing the data service to miss updates.