Subject: Re: [bug#76311] Request for merging "kernel-team" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2025 10:49:42 +0100

block 75518 by 76311
thanks

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, May 10, 2025 at 07:49:21PM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
>> QA for once hasn't actually stalled, it's just busy submitting builds
>> for the core-packages-team branch.
>> 
>> Given there are so many builds for that branch, and it still looks to
>> require quite a bit of work (currently the ARM bootstrap is broken), I'd
>> suggest making a decision on whether the kernel-team changes should be
>> merged before or after core-packages-team. Personally I think it makes
>> sense to shuffle round the order so that kernel-team can be built and
>> merged while core-packages-team is being fixed.
>
> I'm optimistic that the changes on the 'kernel-team' branch are limited
> enough in scope that things will work, and that it won't be a waste of
> time to run its builds before that of the core-packages-team.

Ok, I've gone ahead and put core-packages-team behind kernel-team.

> I'll rebuild my system based on it now, although I can only meaningfully
> test the changes to kexec-tools, and not to bluez / Bluetooth.

Note that bluez looks to fail to build
https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/gnu/store/8j5qlh703367i6lwmnfggsh2s7s5cwf8-bluez-5.79.drv