Subject: Re: [bug#76311] Request for merging "kernel-team" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2025 19:49:21 +0100

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, May 10, 2025 at 06:07:39PM +0800, Z572 wrote:
>> maybe also need add a jobset on ci.guix. for now only have
>> kernel-updates on ci.guix, but this branch is "kernel-team".
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know how the teams jobs are added
> to CI. The strings "gnome-team" or "emacs-team", for example, do not
> appear in maintenance.git.
>
> Also, it looks like the builds on QA for the kernel-team have stalled
> now. Does anyone know what that means?

QA for once hasn't actually stalled, it's just busy submitting builds
for the core-packages-team branch.

Given there are so many builds for that branch, and it still looks to
require quite a bit of work (currently the ARM bootstrap is broken), I'd
suggest making a decision on whether the kernel-team changes should be
merged before or after core-packages-team. Personally I think it makes
sense to shuffle round the order so that kernel-team can be built and
merged while core-packages-team is being fixed.