Subject: Re: bug#76307: [PATCH] Add 'project-forget-projects-under-dirs', limit dir selection to relevant dirs

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 04:54:43 +0200

Hi!

On 15/02/2025 19:50, Ship Mints wrote:
> *** Improved directory selection in 'project-forget-projects-under'.
> 
> This command now prompts using a directory list limited to those in the
> remembered project list.  Previously, it would prompt using general
> directories from the file system.
> 
> I hope this isn't controversial...it made limited sense to me that the 
> prompt candidates had no relationship to remembered projects.

This is interesting. I'm not sure that we should reuse the same helper 
(project--file-completion-table) or the category, but reading from a 
more limited list seems like a good idea.

> *** New command 'project-forget-projects-under-dirs'.
> 
> This command prompts for multiple directories under which to forget
> remembered projects.  The candidate directory list is limited to those
> in the remembered project list.

This last one might be overkill. How often would one have to "forget 
project dirs" for us to make sense to optimize this scenario, rather 
than simply have them call the command multiple times?