Subject: 23.2; cannot use view-mode-map in emacs23.2

From: "WANG Denny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:13:45 +0800

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! *** 

i found i cannot use view-mode-map to define any key to emacs, when

emacs start up, it always show the invalid view-mode-map error, but this

.emacs.el file is really working well on my another machine, the

difference between these two machine is now what i'm reporting error for

is a windows OS, and the emacs version is 23.2, and the other which

works well is a nuix OS, and emacs version is 23.1

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)

 of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1

Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600

configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/xpm/include'

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: CHS

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: cp936

  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: C/lh

Minor modes in effect:

  buffer-face-mode: t

  which-function-mode: t

  shell-dirtrack-mode: t

  linum-mode: t

  show-paren-mode: t

  display-time-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  column-number-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  abbrev-mode: t

  view-mode: t

Recent input:

C-x C-f c / <backspace> c : / c o <backspace> <backspace> 

d e n n y <return> c o d e <return> <return> f i l 

e <return> C-x C-g s i m s m a r . c <return> C-x f 

<return> SPC SPC SPC C-c i e v e <return> s c o m p 

a r e <return> M-. C-x o C-c s s <return> C-n C-n C-n 

C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 

C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p <return> C-x 1 m m m m m C-g 

C-l C-l C-q C-q C-q C-q C-z M-x v i w e w <backspace> 

<backspace> <backspace> e w SPC o <backspace> m o d 

e SPC - m a p <return> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 

<backspace> C-g SPC SPC v v v <backspace> <backspace> 

<backspace> <backspace> C-x k <return> C-x k <return> 

C-x C-b C-x k <return> <S-down-mouse-1> <S-down-mouse-1> 

<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> SPC C-c i h a n d l <return> m m m m C-l 

C-l m C-g M-x b g <backspace> u g <tab> <tab> C-g M-x 

r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:

Buffer is read-only: #<buffer GdataConvIMS.C> [3 times]

Updating buffer list...

Formats have changed, recompiling...done

Updating buffer list...done

Commands: m, u, t, RET, g, k, S, D, Q; q to quit; h for help

Buffer-Face mode enabled [2 times]

Matches     if (!grtn.success)...{

Mark set

Quit

Making completion list...

Quit

Load-path shadows:

c:/denny/Programs/emacs-23.2/site-lisp/linum hides
c:/denny/Programs/emacs-23.2/lisp/linum

c:/denny/Programs/emacs-23.2/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
c:/denny/Programs/emacs-23.2/lisp/textmodes/ispell

c:/denny/Programs/emacs-23.2/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell
hides c:/denny/Programs/emacs-23.2/lisp/textmodes/flyspell

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode

mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp

ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils mailheader

canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug help-mode face-remap

ibuf-ext which-func cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align

cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ffap multi-isearch view tramp-imap assoc

tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp regexp-opt

auth-source gnus-util netrc time-date shell comint password-cache

format-spec tramp-compat trampver uniquify highlight-symbol easy-mmode

hi-lock thingatpt linum browse-kill-ring+ browse-kill-ring derived

server color-theme wid-edit cl cl-19 imenu paren time cus-start cus-load

advice help-fns advice-preload wcy-swbuff xcscope ring easymenu ibuffer

ido edmacro kmacro china-util tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks

lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars

tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar

rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock

syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang

vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek

romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese

case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button

minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64

format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable

backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)