Subject: bug#76299: "Try M-x recover-this-file" warning vs. symlinks

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 14:29:51 +0200

> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 13:43:19 +0800
> From: Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> 
> Yes I was using -Q.

Then I don't know what happens on your system and why.  On my syste,
when I run "emacs -Q -nw goo", I see the "Try M-x recover-this-file"
warning displayed after Emacs starts.

> Please have a look at the 'typescript' file that I attached a few emails 
> back.
> 
> You'll see exactly what escape sequence were sent to the terminal.

Sorry, I cannot afford deciphering escape sequences of an unknown
terminal.  If there's some tool that can display the sequences in
human-readable format, I'll be happy to use it in this case.

Or maybe someone else can figure out why this happens to you, and we
can then take it from there.