Subject: [bug#76296] [PATCH maintenance] hydra: bayfront: Set up ‘git.guix.gnu.org’ as a redirect to Savannah.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2025 14:13:01 +0200

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> If we choose to install this patch, we should IMO do it as before
> guix.git is migrated to Codeberg (presumably on May 25th).  That way, we
> can use git.guix.gnu.org in (guix channels) instead of
> codeberg.org/guix/guix.git.

We had a bunch of issues on the server (bayfront) but this patch is now
committed and deployed:

  https://codeberg.org/guix/maintenance/commit/e8a3100bd5e0b2c795e0817878c735982ddf53c4

It’s working as expected:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ git ls-remote https://git.guix.gnu.org/guix.git |head
warning: redirecting to https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git/
409bbd801428b90701f625c38e6b5840f12a187b        HEAD
315aeb0fc3edb7dcd071cf9737ec908666f0d995        refs/heads/c++-team
dcef371e0e6a4f5c5bc511da923bd2708047ae2e        refs/heads/core-packages-team
43979b51c06ffa11303e848f800d1dc28693b31c        refs/heads/core-packages-team-old
571916871e38ecdefc6d6bc6a0117f50e3f92304        refs/heads/core-packages-team-old2
b4693b9d4e131a96e8491651914d6c47d7eca7af        refs/heads/core-packages-team-old3
cbfa13a8595ad8469a1649bd0543923b5407a321        refs/heads/core-updates-glibc-2.39
55b894145ef13c6357bf79bd80de63cd366bcd26        refs/heads/emacs-team
0abd275c41c97e6638133b388e2350b798b4fbac        refs/heads/games-updates
5d783ecc9620657656c3e8c2bb7fedae6b274336        refs/heads/gnome-team
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Please take a look at the followup here:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/78547

Thanks,
Ludo’.