Subject: [bug#76296] [PATCH maintenance] hydra: bayfront: Set up ‘git.guix.gnu.org’ as a redirect to Savannah.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2025 20:55:36 +0200

Hello,

Ahmad Draidi <[email-masked]> writes:

> I guess this would make switching, in case of disasters, seamless for
> the user, which is probably something we want. The URL doesn't
> change. On Guix project's side, it's a relatively quick change. The
> extra load is probably negligible also. No need to proxy the
> connections.

+1

> I did some testing on a test domain. I configured both DNS redirect
> (git-dns.guix.redscript.org) and HTTP 302 redirect
> (git.guix.redscript.org) to codeberg.org. As Ludo mentioned before,
> DNS redirect doesn't work. HTTP 302 redirect seems to work well with
> both "guix pull" and "git clone".

Thanks for testing.  Your config looks close to the one I submitted,
right?

Thanks,
Ludo’.