Subject: [bug#76296] [PATCH maintenance] hydra: bayfront: Set up ‘git.guix.gnu.org’ as a redirect to Savannah.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2025 11:52:18 +0200

Hi,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Noé Lopez <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I guess its for style points, which I’m all for. I do think it would
>> be
>> better to set the URL to git.guix.gnu.org/guix/guix.git and just a
>> DNS
>> redirect to codeberg to avoid the extra connection.
>
> I second this.
>
> I think a DNS level redirect would be sufficient.  I'd prefer not to
> loop in bayfront for every git connection.

As I suggested in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/76296>, I don’t think
that’s possible: the X.509 certificate that codeberg.org serves is for
codeberg.org, not for git.guix.gnu.org, so TLS libraries would report a
host name mismatch.

Ludo’.