Subject: Re: bug#76296: [PATCH maintenance] hydra: bayfront: Set up‘git.guix.gnu.org’ as a redirect to Savannah.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2025 16:19:17 +0200

Hello,

Now that GCD 002 has been accepted, I’d like to restart discussions
around this patch, which adds the git.guix.gnu.org DNS entry and HTTP(S)
redirects to codeberg.org/guix:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/76296

> This patch implements that; technically we have to have an HTTP redirect,
> which means that clients pay the cost of an extra connection and get nothing
> if bayfront is down.  That’s the price to pay for this indirection, but
> it’s probably worth it.
>
> Note that I haven’t been able to test this patch for real since it depends
> of the state and environments of bayfront: certificates, networking set up,
> host names, etc.

If we choose to install this patch, we should IMO do it as before
guix.git is migrated to Codeberg (presumably on May 25th).  That way, we
can use git.guix.gnu.org in (guix channels) instead of
codeberg.org/guix/guix.git.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.