Subject: [bug#76295] [PATCH] clisp compilation error.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 20:18:38 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 15 Feb 2025 at 16:52, Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>> ./pre-inst-env guix build -K clisp --rounds=2
> /gnu/store/f5bwwqq5z90jzqs0vcf3mx79vddb68hy-clisp-2.49-92
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Please consider bug#25314: clisp not reproducible [1].

That’s said, on my machine I get:

        $ guix describe
        Generation 8	Sep 09 2024 15:14:29	(current)
          guix 056910e
            repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
            commit: 056910ec864cb7cf3225a0c27679d94405db7dcd

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix weather clisp
computing 1 package derivations for x86_64-linux...
looking for 1 store items on https://ci.guix.gnu.org...
https://ci.guix.gnu.org ☀
  100.0% substitutes available (1 out of 1)
  at least 5.8 MiB of nars (compressed)
  20.8 MiB on disk (uncompressed)
  0.453 seconds per request (0.5 seconds in total)
  2.2 requests per second

$ guix build --no-grafts clisp
/gnu/store/0hnamn90xfbj8cyq4nwcxgck8jmwc0py-clisp-2.49-92

$ guix build --no-grafts clisp --check

[...]

RUN-TEST: finished "weakptr" (0 errors out of 13 tests)
finished  57 files:               6 errors out of  11,960 tests
  1                   alltest:    0 errors out of     636 tests
  2                     array:    0 errors out of     290 tests
  3                  backquot:    0 errors out of      89 tests
  4                    bin-io:    0 errors out of      15 tests
  5                characters:    0 errors out of     221 tests
  6                      clos:    0 errors out of     496 tests
  7                   defhash:    0 errors out of       6 tests
  8                  encoding:    0 errors out of      36 tests
  9                    eval20:    0 errors out of      50 tests
 10                 ext-clisp:    1 error out of      118 tests
 11                       ffi:    0 errors out of     263 tests
 12                    floeps:    0 errors out of      20 tests
 13                    format:    0 errors out of     307 tests
 14                 genstream:    0 errors out of      14 tests
 15                      hash:    0 errors out of      48 tests
 16                  hashlong:    0 errors out of      14 tests
 17                 hashtable:    0 errors out of      10 tests
 18                    iofkts:    0 errors out of     228 tests
 19                    lambda:    0 errors out of      90 tests
 20                  lists151:    0 errors out of     201 tests
 21                  lists152:    0 errors out of     255 tests
 22                  lists153:    0 errors out of       1 test
 23                  lists154:    0 errors out of      46 tests
 24                  lists155:    0 errors out of      25 tests
 25                  lists156:    0 errors out of      20 tests
 26                  list-set:    0 errors out of      10 tests
 27                      loop:    0 errors out of     151 tests
 28                    macro8:    0 errors out of     253 tests
 29                       map:    0 errors out of      64 tests
 30                       mop:    0 errors out of     225 tests
 31                    number:    0 errors out of   3,655 tests
 32                   number2:    0 errors out of     331 tests
 33                    pack11:    0 errors out of     211 tests
 34                      path:    0 errors out of     179 tests
 35                 readtable:    0 errors out of      27 tests
 36                      setf:    0 errors out of     197 tests
 37                    socket:    0 errors out of      92 tests
 38                   steele7:    0 errors out of      86 tests
 39                   streams:    2 errors out of     388 tests
 40               streamslong:    1 error out of       25 tests
 41                   strings:    0 errors out of     409 tests
 42                  symbol10:    0 errors out of     152 tests
 43                   symbols:    0 errors out of       6 tests
 44                      time:    0 errors out of      22 tests
 45                     tread:    0 errors out of     395 tests
 46                      type:    0 errors out of     289 tests
 47                unportable:    0 errors out of      31 tests
 48                        mt:    2 errors out of     102 tests
 49                      weak:    0 errors out of     120 tests
 50                  weakhash:    0 errors out of      26 tests
 51                 weakhash2:    0 errors out of      47 tests
 52                 bind-eval:    0 errors out of      72 tests
 53              bind-compile:    0 errors out of      72 tests
 54                conditions:    0 errors out of      98 tests
 55                  restarts:    0 errors out of      71 tests
 56                  excepsit:    0 errors out of     395 tests
 57                   weakptr:    0 errors out of     260 tests
Real time: 41.28449 sec.
Run time: 19.667133 sec.
Space: 1422069488 Bytes
GC: 1247, GC time: 5.499503 sec.
6
Bye.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-clisp-2.49-92.drv-0/source/src/tests'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-clisp-2.49-92.drv-0/source/src'
make: *** [Makefile:28: check] Error 2

Test suite failed, dumping logs.
error: in phase 'check': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "make" arguments: ("check" "-j" "16") exit-status: 2 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f> 
phase `check' failed after 43.2 seconds
command "make" "check" "-j" "16" failed with status 2
build process 18 exited with status 256
builder for `/gnu/store/d6x0x4w0bdxvhazfyx9w1rqyikscj15h-clisp-2.49-92.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/d6x0x4w0bdxvhazfyx9w1rqyikscj15h-clisp-2.49-92.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/d6/x0x4w0bdxvhazfyx9w1rqyikscj15h-clisp-2.49-92.drv.gz'.
guix build: error: build of `/gnu/store/d6x0x4w0bdxvhazfyx9w1rqyikscj15h-clisp-2.49-92.drv' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

And the same on the top of 584d1c1a8a from:

        AuthorDate: Fri Jan 31 16:35:02 2025 +0800
        CommitDate: Thu Feb 20 19:43:22 2025 +0800

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix build clisp --no-grafts
/gnu/store/0hnamn90xfbj8cyq4nwcxgck8jmwc0py-clisp-2.49-92

[env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix build clisp --no-grafts
…
failure!
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Therefore, I guess the failure seems a tricky one about hardware.

Hum, it does not help with the issue at hand… :-)

Cheers,
simon

1: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/25314