Subject: bug#76291: BUG: grep sometimes spits out random garbage in the moddle of results

From: php fan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 17:28:35 +0100

I have no idea what triggers this, so I haven't been able to produce a
minimal reproducing example; and I can't share the actual folder with
which this happens to me all the time.

Sometimes I use "grep -R" on a folder with several repositories, and
after a few legitimate results, I get a blob of dozens of lines of
text, coming from several files, with no indication of the file they
belong to, and which often don't match the pattern.

For example:

```
$ grep -R foo
path/to/file1.txt: lorem ipsum foo bar
path/to/file2.txt: lalalalala foo lalalala
   and here's a blob of totally unrelated text
   that doen't contain the string
   who knows where this comes from
   lalalallaal lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
```

I am NOT talking about the case where you have a file that is one very
long line that matches, so you get basically the whole file in the
output and it gets wrapped. In that case, it will still start with the
path of the file followed by a colon. Not in this case.