Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Add speakersafetyd system service.

From: Roman Scherer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 14:55:26 +0100

Hello Guix,

this patch series adds a system service for speakersafetyd [1], a userspace
daemon written in Rust that implements an analogue of the Texas Instruments
Smart Amp speaker protection model. It is developed and used by the Asahi
Linux project to protect the speakers on Apple Silicon devices.

The patch series contains 2 patches:

- The first one adjusts the SHAREDIR in the speakersafetyd package I submitted
  earlier this year. The shared dir was wrong forcing users to specify it with
  the --config-path option. Now just running speakersafetyd without any
  options does the right thing, instead of complaining it could not find the
  config.

- The second patch is the system service and its documentation.

Could you please review the patch series?

Thanks, Roman.

[1] https://github.com/AsahiLinux/speakersafetyd/

Roman Scherer (2):
  gnu: speakersafetyd: Use correct shared directory.
  services: Add speakersafetyd service.

 doc/guix.texi              | 41 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/rust-apps.scm |  2 +-
 gnu/services/sound.scm     | 61 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 3 files changed, 102 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 4b5f0408e66392ab745dc0f7830732217d88f17d
--
2.48.1