Subject: Re: bug#76288: Infinite reboot loop due to mcron package changes

From: "Murilo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 09:02:31 -0300

Hi, thanks for taking some of your time to help.

On Fri Feb 14, 2025 at 5:20 PM -03, Tomas Volf wrote:
> Do you get any error message or any indication why the reboot happens?

I gc'ed my logs since then, but there was a bunch of 'sendmail: no such file
or directory' errors on '/var/log/mcron.log', and no relevant logs at all from
shepherd.

> (mcron) failing should *not* lead to system reboot.

Yes, I find it really strange as well. When I was bisecting (and still now) I
couldn't believe that was the commit causing the issue.

What is even stranger is I just pulled once again today and everything works,
no boot issues. Honestly I have no idea why, besides gc'ing I've done nothing on
my system since, I just pulled and it magically works once again, and I couldn't
find any related commits in master since then.
In any case, I hope it stays this way :)

I'm closing the issue because, weirdly enough, I cannot reproduce it anymore and
so does the friend I mentioned, but feel free to reopen if the issue persists
for anyone else.