Subject: bug#76275: 31.0.50; frame-inhibit-implied-resize broken on recent master

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2025 16:05:47 +0800

Hello,

On Fri 28 Feb 2025 at 04:10pm +01, martin rudalics wrote:

>> If you understand why Sean sees a difference, please tell why, and I
>> will try to see how to document that.
>
> Maybe Sean can tell.  Note that with my examples I never set any
> parameters, don't consults X resources and use no init file.  Results
> might differ with any of these set or used.

I believe that what might be unclear in my case is how
window-size-change-functions is meant to apply to the creation of a new
frame, rather than the easier case of resizing an existing frame.

If you assume that window-size-change-functions are applied relatively
early in frame creation, and then read the current documentation, it all
makes sense: "ah yes, my window-size-change-functions entry was changing
the font size early, such that Emacs wouldn't consider the final initial
size of the frame to have been agreed, yet, until after my code has run.
So I need `force'."

But I don't know whether that is a correct assumption to make.

-- 
Sean Whitton