Subject: bug#76275: 31.0.50; frame-inhibit-implied-resize broken on recent master

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 10:19:34 +0100

> Actually, your patch is even better than that.
 > The following works as expected, now:
[...]
 > The reason that this is better for me is that my spw/scale-default is
 > just a dummy reproducer.  My actual window-size-change-functions entry
 > is more complicated, and long predates spw/sway-completing-read.
 > I've included it at the bottom of this message

Note one caveat from the Elisp manual:

    • Window change functions should not create or delete windows or
      change the buffer, size or selection status of any window because
      there is no guarantee that the information about such a change will
      be propagated to other window change functions.  If at all, any
      such change should be executed only by the last function listed by
      the default value of ‘window-state-change-hook’.

 > It would be okay if I just had to call my window-size-change-functions
 > entry from spw/sway-completing-read.  I am not myself in a position to
 > judge whether having a `force' entry makes sense.  If you think it does,
 > then that's fine.

So IIUC installing the 'force' entry fixes your bug.  Right?

 >> Right.  I meant the function frame_inhibit_resize.
 >
 > Ah.  Do you still want me to do any testing with that?

No.

Thanks, martin