Subject: Re: bug#76275: 31.0.50; frame-inhibit-implied-resize broken on recent master

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 20:07:41 +0800

Hello,

On Mon 17 Feb 2025 at 10:21am +01, martin rudalics wrote:

> OK.  So to fix your problem the attached patch suffices?

I tested this with my actual use case, not just the minimal example.

It does fix the resizing problem.  However, now my entry in
window-size-change-functions doesn't run at all, and so the font size in
the new frame is wrong.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug, but it might count as a change that
should be called out in NEWS?  window-size-change-functions is no longer
guaranteed to be called when frames are simply created.

> So likely the let-binding in 'make-frame' extends until here.  Can you
> confirm that in your "My breakpoint was hit eight times and in each
> case, ..." the value of the _variable_ frame_inhibit_implied_resize was
> always t while the function with the same name returned false?

The variable is always t, indeed.

I'm not sure what you mean "while the function with the same name
returned false" -- there isn't a function called
frame_inhibit_implied_resize, I think?

-- 
Sean Whitton