Subject: Re: bug#76275: 31.0.50; frame-inhibit-implied-resize broken on recent master

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 09:00:18 +0800

Hello,

On Fri 14 Feb 2025 at 10:24am +02, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Isn't there a race condition here between the resize done by Sway and
> by Emacs?  If so, I think the previous result was just due to sheer
> luck, as it was exploiting undefined behavior.
>
> Apologies if this makes no sense, but I always wonder why people
> expect something deterministic to happen when there are so many moving
> parts (in this case: client-to-server communications, the
> window-system management of frames, and the precise timing with which
> Emacs calls window-size-change-functions).

I agree with you in the general case.  I think my basic approach here
may be flawed and I should try to rewrite it.

Regardless of that, though, it would seem that there is a bug with
frame-inhibit-implied-resize uncovered by this approach of mine, a bug
worth fixing anyway.

-- 
Sean Whitton