Subject: bug#76275: 31.0.50; frame-inhibit-implied-resize broken on recent master

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2025 18:12:04 +0200

> Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2025 16:09:20 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> 
>  > So what changes in the documentation would you suggest, and where?
> 
> I'm afraid that neither Sean nor I can give you a satisfactory answer.

I'm still willing to wait for Sean to chime in, perhaps he does have
an idea.

In any case, if we cannot satisfactorily document this variable, the
prudent thing is to remove it from the manual.  Because that means its
use is only for experts who know the subtle aspects of the variable
and its effects.

> Setting 'frame-inhibit-implied-resize' to 'force' in that period can
> help or harm and the outcome may depend on the GTK version and the WM
> used.  It's a heuristic that might work or not.

One more reason not to document it.