Subject: bug#76270: closed (Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] gnu: maxima: Compile with ecl instead of sbcl.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 20:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76270: [PATCH 0/2] Add sage.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76270: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76270
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] gnu: maxima: Compile with ecl instead of sbcl.
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Cc: vicvbcun <[email-masked]>, Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>, Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>, Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 21:29:04 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello all,

I have, as suggested by Guillaume, kept an additional (hidden)
maxima-ecl package. Everything is pushed to master now.

Just calling "sage" fails in my home profile with an error message of
ipython; I think this may be related to (unknown to me) propagated
Python packages. "guix shell -C sage" and then "sage" inside the shell
works without problems. "sage -n" also works directly from my home
profile and opens a web browser with a sage jupyter notebook.

There are tons of optional packages that are not (yet) added to the sage
package. I would prefer to do so when there is a request. So if you come
along a sage script that does not run, please come back to me or, better
yet, propose a patch. As before, I would suggest to also present a sage
snippet that shows that the new feature is available whenever we add
something.

Thanks a lot for being so reactive and giving useful feedback,

Andreas

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Add sage.
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2025 16:13:02 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Andreas Enge (2):
  gnu: Add maxima-ecl.
  gnu: Add sage.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |    2 +
 gnu/packages/maths.scm                        |   36 +-
 gnu/packages/patches/sage-update-eclib.patch  |  222 +
 .../patches/sage-update-pari-gp.patch         | 5020 +++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/sagemath.scm                     |  152 +-
 5 files changed, 5428 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/sage-update-eclib.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/sage-update-pari-gp.patch

base-commit: 2e72561e788a0bb37ffe887d546a394b70b8c212
-- 
2.48.1