Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Remove uses of 'waitpid' in Shepherd services

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2025 12:43:47 +0100

Hello,

On IRC, xelxebar reported an issue with the ‘transmission-daemon’
service.  This patch series fixes this and related anti-patterns
found in several services.

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  services: transmission: Remove custom ‘stop’ implementation.
  services: Use ‘spawn-command’ instead of ‘fork’ + ‘waitpid’.
  home: services: unclutter: Add a ‘stop’ method.

 gnu/home/services/desktop.scm |  6 +++---
 gnu/services/databases.scm    | 16 +++++++++-------
 gnu/services/file-sharing.scm | 31 +++++--------------------------
 gnu/services/networking.scm   | 26 +++++++++++++-------------
 gnu/services/web.scm          | 31 +++++++++----------------------
 5 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)

base-commit: 2afb48804e4ff829ed5ed97757fde0a2cd8e39fc
-- 
2.48.1