Subject: bug#7626: 23.2.91; Rmail shows incorrect message encoding in the mode line

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 05:47:07 +0200

> From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:29:01 +0900
> 
> I'm now working on various bug-fixing and improvement of
> rmail's mime handling, and fixing the above is included in
> the work.

Thank you.

> The problem is that which coding system to set if the header and
> each text part of multipart have different "charset".  At the
> moment, I'm going to commit a code that set the FIRST coding system
> used for decoding some part (header, parts of multipart, forwarded
> message, etc).

That might be a good logic.  The important thing here is to DTRT as
much as possible wrt replying to the message: rmail-reply sets the
buffer for composing the response to be encoded in the same encoding
as the original message.  So whatever you do in the Rmail buffer when
you display the message should yield an encoding most probably
suitable for the reply.

TIA