Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add python-triangle, python-pandamesh and update gmsh to 4.13.1.

From: Lars Bilke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 10:04:01 +0100

Dear Oleg,

thanks a lot for your helpful review!

Unfortunately, I have to retract the patches for python-triangle and python-pandamesh:

Although python-triangle is LGPL licensed, it wraps Jonathan Richard Shewchuks triangle library, which has a proprietary non-commercial license:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
These programs may be freely redistributed under the condition that the
copyright notices (including the copy of this notice in the code comments
and the copyright notice printed when the `-h' switch is selected) are
not removed, and no compensation is received.  Private, research, and
institutional use is free.  You may distribute modified versions of this
code UNDER THE CONDITION THAT THIS CODE AND ANY MODIFICATIONS MADE TO IT
IN THE SAME FILE REMAIN UNDER COPYRIGHT OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR, BOTH
SOURCE AND OBJECT CODE ARE MADE FREELY AVAILABLE WITHOUT CHARGE, AND
CLEAR NOTICE IS GIVEN OF THE MODIFICATIONS.  Distribution of this code as
part of a commercial system is permissible ONLY BY DIRECT ARRANGEMENT
WITH THE AUTHOR.  (If you are not directly supplying this code to a
customer, and you are instead telling them how they can obtain it for
free, then you are not required to make any arrangement with me.)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So I think this is not suited for Guix.

Feel free to merge the gmsh update commit and close this issue.

Sincerely,
Lars