Subject: bug#76252: closed (Re: bug#76252: 31.0.50; tab-line stopped working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 08:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76252: 31.0.50; tab-line stopped working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76252: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76252
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#76252: 31.0.50; tab-line stopped working
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 10:45:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 08:39:24 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Rebuilt yesterday 18:00 CET from master and the problem has disappeared.

OK, so I'm closing this bug.

> May I suggest that thee git commit hash is included in a variable. This would
> Make (potential) bug reporting more reproducible.

The commit hash is already in a variable: emacs-repository-version
(with emacs-repository-branch giving the branch).

Subject: 31.0.50; tab-line stopped working
From: "Pedro A. Aranda" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2025 08:25:43 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

--text follows this line--

Repeating:

M-x global-tab-line-mode

will produce the following alternating errors:
apply: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, (1)
apply: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, (-1)

Emacs installed from .deb package I create from scratch

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2025-02-13 built on d4f574ac8151
Repository revision: ab43d956cad94da7bf3c325821666e408af4c73d
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=31 --without-x --with-pgtk
--with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-cairo --with-compress-install
--with-modules=yes --with-threads --with-included-regex --with-zlib
--with-native-compilation=aot 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
-ffile-prefix-map=/home/paag/emacs=. -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
-flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
-Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
-flto=auto -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tab-line icons cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 52733 17221) (symbols 48 5469 0) (strings 32 14153 2277)
(string-bytes 1 479721) (vectors 16 9443)
(vector-slots 8 133426 13676) (floats 8 23 12) (intervals 56 377 0)
(buffers 984 13))