Subject: bug#76252: 31.0.50; tab-line stopped working

From: "Pedro A. Aranda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2025 08:25:43 +0100

--text follows this line--

Repeating:

M-x global-tab-line-mode

will produce the following alternating errors:
apply: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, (1)
apply: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, (-1)

Emacs installed from .deb package I create from scratch

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2025-02-13 built on d4f574ac8151
Repository revision: ab43d956cad94da7bf3c325821666e408af4c73d
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=31 --without-x --with-pgtk
--with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-cairo --with-compress-install
--with-modules=yes --with-threads --with-included-regex --with-zlib
--with-native-compilation=aot 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
-ffile-prefix-map=/home/paag/emacs=. -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
-flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
-Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
-flto=auto -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tab-line icons cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 52733 17221) (symbols 48 5469 0) (strings 32 14153 2277)
(string-bytes 1 479721) (vectors 16 9443)
(vector-slots 8 133426 13676) (floats 8 23 12) (intervals 56 377 0)
(buffers 984 13))