Subject: Re: bug#7625: heap allocation on Windows Vista

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 08:04:51 -0700

On 12/12/2010 09:17 AM, agneray christian wrote:
> Hello,
> Now, I'm changing my desktop from XP , to Vista (I can test
> on both during the migration process)
> 
> My script appears tu run once in a msDos Windows, then stops
> abruptly any second time, with this message:
> 
>      19 [main] ?
> (5312) D:\open\gnu_utils\sh.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap,
> Win32 error 0, base 0x640000, top 0x6B0000, reserve_size 454656, allocsize
> 458752, page_const 4096

This has nothing to do with coreutils and everything to do with cygwin
limitations of interacting with buggy software on windows.  You will get
a much better answer by asking on the cygwin list, but the short answer
is to run 'rebaseall' to avoid unnecessary relocations of your dlls, as
well as to make sure you aren't running any
http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org