Subject: Re: bug#76238: 31.0.50; feature/igc: crash #2, 2025-02-12

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 19:33:11 +0000

Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Oliver Reiter" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> So you are suggesting to build with X (or Lucid or so?), and if I keep
>> seeing these crashes we have established it is not PGTK's fault. Or,
>
> Precisely.

>> in the case of no (similar) crashes, that it is indeed PGTK causing
>> these crashes. Right? If yes, then I'll do that over the next weeks.
>
> I think that would be extremely helpful, yes (I'd use the plain GTK3
> build as it's probably closest to PGTK).  You can also wait for me to
> commit the initial round of fixes for PGTK and try continuing to use
> that, of course.

I've done that now.  I can run the PGTK build under X (with the warning)
and under Wayland under X, and I think it's okay not to disable the PGTK
+ MPS build for now, even though it's obviously not well-tested yet.

So feel free to continue testing with or without PGTK.  I'll have
another look at the font code because I saw you were using unusual
settings there, too, so if it turns out not to have been PGTK, that
might be the issue...

Pip