Subject: bug#76235: [PATCH] Improve prompt for 'project-switch-project'

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 05:14:51 +0200

On 14/02/2025 23:24, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> I do find the current message unclear, so I'd suggest something like
> 
>      [run command in %s]
> 
> where %s has the string face, the colon is removed (because this is not
> a prompt per se), and "execute" is changed to "run" (which AFAICT is the
> most commonly used terminology in Emacs, though there are exceptions).

Hmm, when we look at how it gets displayed in practice, we show the 
prompt, and then either nothing, or the current prefix key sequence 
(after a timeout, the echo-keystrokes thing) - which might imply that 
the verb we use relates to the key sequence rather than the command 
invoked. And we "call" both commands and macros.

I might be overthinking this.

> Anyways, it's your call what to do here, but those are my two cents.

No strong preference for me, and it's good to hear what others feel is 
acceptable.