Subject: bug#76231: Jami 20240524.0 not working on Guix System but working on foreign distro

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 22:32:41 +0900

Hi Divya,

Divya Ranjan <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello again Giovanni,
>
> I’ll just go ahead and CC some old developers from Guix who were
> initially part of bringing Jami to Guix. Found them by searching down
> the mailing list[0].
>
> Hopefully y’all can guide us a bit with regards to where things are going wrong.

I'm guessing it's simply getting a bit dated?  In my experience, as soon
as you fall one on a few stable releases behind, you start experimenting
more problems.  I'm not sure if Jami is supposed to be backward
compatible with previous versions, but even if it was, it's probably not
super well tested.

I'd suggest updating it (but as you noted, that's sadly often not
trivial).  I could provide some assistance if you'd like to pick up its
maintenance.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim