Subject: bug#76231: Jami 20240524.0 not working on Guix System but working on foreign distro

From: Luis Felipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2025 17:58:28 +0000

Hello, just to confirm that using

   guix system 4fccad8
   Jami 20240524.0

I see the same errors:

   [1739460365.258|6114|jamiaccount.cpp         :932 ] [Account 
4feb6fb4bf3ae927] Can't load proxy URL from cache: filesystem error: 
cannot get file time: No existe el fichero o el directorio 
[/home/yo/.cache/jami/4feb6fb4bf3ae927/dhtproxy]

   [1739460365.309|6114|conversation_module.cpp :447 ] 
[ConversationModule] error loading syncingMetadatas_: Can't read file: 
/home/yo/.local/share/jami/4feb6fb4bf3ae927/syncingMetadatas

In my case, Jami is not working in the sense that I'm not able to 
contact anyone, and nobody is able to contact me (see 
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2024-10/msg00075.html). 
Sometimes I can see contact requests only if I restart Jami (by 
finishing the .jami-real process and starting Jami again), but from 
there on Jami can't identify when accepted contacts are online. So it 
sure looks like synchronization problems.

But the jami client does start normally for me though. Maybe in my case 
the missing dependency that Giovanni had to install is already satisfied 
because I use the GNOME desktop.

-- 
Luis Felipe López Acevedo