Subject: bug#76230: [PATCH] New command 'project-forget-all-projects'

From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2025 14:43:04 -0400

On Mon, Mar 10, 2025 at 12:20 AM Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 07/03/2025 02:43, Ship Mints wrote:
> >
> > Agree. Done in the attached patch.
>
> Sorry, like I said, we shouldn't be calling directly a function that
> only services a particular backend (clears its cache only).
>
> See the link in my email earlier in this thread, to a patch that
> implements such an indirection.
>

I can try to get back to this tomorrow.  Apologies for me being "thick
headed."  When you say indirection, I didn't catch one in
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72300;att=1;filename=project-forget-functions.diff;msg=26
and I'm happy to accommodate whatever design you think is maintainable
especially as I think you want to replace the caching method with something
native to project.el so whatever API there is should survive.

-Stephane