Subject: Re: bug#76230: [PATCH] New command 'project-forget-all-projects'

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2025 05:01:16 +0200

Hi, sorry about the late response.

On 12/02/2025 19:07, Ship Mints wrote:
> This command prompts to clear all projects. It also calls the new, but 
> unadvertised, 'project-clear-cache' command after clearing 'project- 
> list'. The lack of a supported project cache clearing function is 
> something that has been discussed in the past.

> +(defun project-clear-cache ()
> + "Clear the project directory cache."
 > + (interactive)
 > + (vc-clear-context))

The new command is okay, but the cache clearing lacks an indirection - 
we shouldn't go straight to the project-vc's cache here because that's 
not the only backend that can be used here.

The PoC previously posted in here https://debbugs.gnu.org/72300#26 could 
use some testing (I haven't come up with anything fundamentally better), 
and an improved cache structure will only affect the internal 
implementation.