Subject: Re: bug#76194: Obsoleting package-x.el

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 09:30:47 -0800

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> I think we should obsolete package-x.el, which contains largely
>>> unmaintained code to keep an ELPA package archive.  This is undocumented
>>> since 2019, lacking (e.g. doesn't support signed packages), and is
>>> hardly used by anyone.  For example, MELPA and GNU ELPA have their own
>>> scripts for this.
>>>
>>> If there is any interest in it, I'd suggest that interested parties
>>> should pick it up and continue its development on GNU ELPA instead.
>>
>> +1
>
> +1 from me as well.

Thanks.

> Should we move the file to elpa.git?

If you think it's worth the effort then feel free.