Subject: Re: Request for merging "tex-team" branch

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2025 11:50:33 +0100

Hello,

In its new version the "tex-team" branch contains the following
worth-mentioning changes:

1. It fixes speed issues (again!), as reported in
   <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/75893>,

2. It bumps TeX Live to 2025.2,

3. It makes format files (.fmt) reproducible. It should be a big step
   forward complete TeX Live reproducibility.

It also replaces `texlive-updmap.cfg' with `texlive-local-tree', with
a slight change to its semantics: the latter cannot recognize TeX Live
packages outside its argument anymore. In practice, it was already
considered a bad practice (by me!) to provide TeX Live packages both
inside and outside `texlive-updmap.cfg', so it shouldn’t break much
package definitions out there.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou