Subject: [bug#76185] Request for merging "tex-team" branch

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2025 09:24:14 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> I cleaned up the branch, rebased it on a green-ticked commit from master
> and pushed it. I think it is in good shape now and ready to merge,
> assuming QA agrees with me.

Alas, QA didn’t agree with me: TeX Live didn’t build on 32bit systems!
Indeed, the branch makes use of libfaketime in order to generate
reproducible format files. But I hit the same bug as for NSS, described
at <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/72239>. I therefore used the same
workaround: 64bit systems use libfaketime whereas 32bit ones rely on
datefudge.

In any case, the tex-team branch is complete now. I cleaned it once
again to include the latest fixes for reported build failures and
rebased it on top of a recent commit. It can be merged whenever the
coverage is considered to be sufficient.

For the record, here are the included changes:

1. Speed issues fixes (again!), as reported in
   <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/75893>.

2. TeX Live bumped to 2025.2.

3. Reproducible format files (.fmt).

4. TEXMFVAR and TEXMFCONFIG set to, respectively, XDG_CACHE_HOME and
   XDG_CONFIG_HOME, for a tidier HOME.

Regards,