Subject: Re: bug#76181: 30.0.93; defcustom is not ordering-agnostic

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2025 16:02:31 -0300

On 10/2/25 14:50, Robert Pluim wrote:
 > tags 76181 notabug
 > close 76181
 > quit
 >
 >>>>>> On Mon, 10 Feb 2025 14:26:36 -0300, Mauro Aranda 
<[email-masked]> said:
 >      >> Yes, that works better. Although if `choice' can figure it 
out based
 >      >> on the values for `const', it should be able to do the same for
 >      >> `symbol'. Any pointers to where I should look to fix this?
 >
 >      Mauro> I don't think there's anything to fix.  What's the point 
in using two
 >      Mauro> symbol widgets in a choice? A symbol widget is for the 
user to enter a
 >      Mauro> symbol, and it can be done regardless of the tag or its 
default value.
 >
 > I think I understand now, thank you for the explanations. Perhaps Iʼll
 > put some warnings in the custom info manual.
 >

No problem.  Looking at org-table-duration-custom-format, looks like you
found the same bug I did a week ago:
https://list.orgmode.org/87ikpjgfkr.fsf@localhost/T/#t

But I missed entirely that there were multiple symbol widgets used as
choice.