Subject: bug#76180: [feature/igc] Remaining known tracing issues

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 10:32:01 -0800

Pip Cet via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> My hope is that once these stop-gap patches are installed, it's a good
> point to call again for general testing of the feature/igc branch, under
> certain restrictions and with specific instructions to reduce the
> possibility of data loss due to crashes (e.g. run in GDB, set a
> breakpoint on kill, don't use TTY signals, xwidgets, unusual toolkits).
> I hope that "PGTK" and "WIDE_EMACS_INT" can be removed from the list of
> build constellations expected to be unstable ASAP.
>
> The branch will continue to contain bugs and we can't take any
> responsibility, but at least avoiding those known bugs seems to result
> in a usable work environment here, and it might be a good opportunity to
> regain some of the early testers who were too frustrated by stability
> issues to let them know that we've fixed some of them.
>
> Thoughts?

I don't have anything specific to add, but the above sounds like a good
plan to me.  Meanwhile, we also continue seeing other useful bug reports
trickling in.

Thanks again for working on this.