Subject: Re: bug#76169: home: Add home-restic-backup service.

From: paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2025 00:28:22 +0100

Hi Ludo’,

On 2/21/25 15:20, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi,
>
> paul<[email-masked]>  skribis:
>
>> It's a good idea, but I was not able to make for-home work with (gnu
>> services configuration) so I changed restic-backup-configuration to a
>> record type from (guix records). It does not impact end user configs
>> in my tests.
> Oh, is it because ‘define-configuration’ does not let you mark fields as
> “innate”?

I'm not sure, from experimentation (calling pk on the field that had 
for-home? as a default value) (for-home (oci-configuration is not able 
to replace for-home? with #t and pk prints #f. I didn't go deep enough 
to figure out why that is. I can put a comment stating that once 
for-home will be able to work with (gnu services configuration) the 
record can be migrated to define-configuration, if you don't find this 
is a blocking issue . I'm sending a new revision rebased on 72803 
rebased on current master. cheers,

giacomo