Subject: Re: bug#76167: 31.0.50; view-mode un-expected jump-overs

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2025 22:46:00 +0000

Tomas Nordin <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I don't use view-mode that much, so I don't have an opinion on this
>>> behavior change.  Could people who use view-mode please chime in and
>>> voice their opinions?
>>
>> I agree that it just looks like a bug.  It does seem strange that we
>> didn't catch it before.
>
> My estimation is that it was a mistake not discovered because matches
> are rarely expected on every line in combination with the mode not being
> super popular (maybe).  I don't think that the behavior described
> by the recipe was ever intended.

Sounds plausible.

> Attached is a patch amended with the bug number.

Thanks!  If no one objects within a couple of days, I intend to push it
to master.