Subject: bug#76147: closed (Re: bug#76147: android fdroid 30.0.93 requires Emacs to be compiled with libxml2)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 07:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76147: android fdroid 30.0.93 requires Emacs to be compiled with libxml2

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76147: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76147
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#76147: android fdroid 30.0.93 requires Emacs to be compiled with libxml2
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: జిందం వాఐి<[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2025 23:19:40 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2025 19:35:02 +0000
>>> From: jindam.vani--- via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>>>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
>>>
>>> On 8 February 2025 19:24:17 UTC, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> >
>>> >I don't see why this is considered a bug.  shr.el relies on libxml2 to
>>> >parse HTML, so you get this error for a good reason.
>>>
>>> * report bug clearly states_
>>> Configured using: 'configure ..... --with-xml2=yes
>>> * i am bit confused, doesnt
>>> configured and compiled
>>> are one and same?
>>
>> The list of the features in your build, viz.:
>>
>>> Configured features:
>>> MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER SECCOMP THREADS ZLIB
>>
>> clearly says libxml2 is not compiled in.  I don't know why this
>> happened.  Did you build this Emacs yourself, or did someone else do
>> that?  If you build it, I suggest looking at config.log to find the
>> reason, perhaps the system where Emacs was built didn't have libxml2
>> installed, so the build eventually omitted it.
>>
>> Po Lu, can you tell how this could happen?
>
> Simple: configure could not locate a suitable version of libxml2 for
> cross-compilation.  Please observe the instructions in java/INSTALL to
> the letter.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: android fdroid 30.0.93 requires Emacs to be compiled with libxml2
From: జిందం వాఐి<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2025 18:23:51 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

* str
 * c-x c-f file.html
 * m-x shr-render-buffer
 * error: shr-render-buffer: This function requires Emacs to be compiled with libxml2

In GNU Emacs 30.0.93 (build 1, armv7a-unknown-linux-android22) of
 2025-01-21 built on bookworm
Repository revision: 68bcabf58afddb377d172857ce7648ad3ff09618
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'samsung', version 28.0.0
System Description: samsung/j7veltedx/j7velte:9/PPR1.180610.011/J701FDDUACUG2:user/release-keys

Configured using:
 'configure --with-png=yes --with-webp=yes --with-gif=yes
 --with-jpeg=yes --with-xml2=yes --with-sqlite3=yes
 --with-gnutls=ifavailable --with-tiff=yes --with-selinux=yes
 --with-modules=yes --with-tree-sitter=ifavailable --with-imagemagick=no
 --with-lcms2=yes --with-mailutils= --with-pop=no-by-default
 --with-harfbuzz=yes --with-threads=yes --with-rsvg=yes
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type= 'CFLAGS=
 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration''

Configured features:
MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER SECCOMP THREADS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons
json map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars emacsbug message
mailcap yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived
epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils dired-aux cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
modus-operandi-tinted-theme modus-themes subr-x display-line-numbers
cus-load rmc iso-transl tooltip cus-start cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
android-win term/common-win touch-screen ls-lisp tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify android multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 131389 17390) (symbols 24 10579 0) (strings 16 24141 2319)
 (string-bytes 1 566295) (vectors 8 13234)
 (vector-slots 4 152968 26904) (floats 8 64 28) (intervals 28 854 0)
 (buffers 568 13))

regards,
జిందం వాఐి [ jindam, vani ]

web_ jivani.neocities.org
[matrix]_ @jindam:catgirl.cloud