Subject: bug#76142: [PATCH] Eglot: do not activate unsupported menu items

From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2025 18:10:59 +0100

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> What would you do with the tags and detail?  For example, graphically,
> where would you put it?

If the detail is just the signature of a function as in the exaple of
the specification, then it can follow the name with a less important
face.  However, I think displaying the detail in the echo area with
eldoc would be better.

Currently a tag can only be "Deprecated", so the tag as a string can go
after the name.  Or the name can be printed with a warning face.  But an
eldoc message can also display the warning.

I personally do not need this, but I think people usually like to see
the "kind" field as an icon before the name.  company-box is an example
for this, but it is not in GNU ELPA.  Eglot cloud show icons if the
svg-lib package and a suitable icon collection were installed.  svg-lib
is in GNU ELPA.  Or Eglot cloud provide easy customizability for users
to implement this for themselves.

Would you be interested in any of these?