Subject: Re: bug#76131: 30.0.93; vlf: advice for abort-if-file-too-large seems broken in Emacs 30

From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2025 18:06:21 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> fap via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
> editors" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Okay, I think that one was my bad, as I was using the unmaintained melpa
>> version.
>
> Maybe someone could ask the MELPA maintainers to remove that outdated
> package?

I've removed it from Melpa and updated the Emacsmirror to get it from
elpa.git.

Stefan K, please change this in elpa.git/elpa-packages:

- (vlf			:url "https://github.com/m00natic/vlfi") ;FIXME:Dead?
+ (vlf			:url nil) ;"https://github.com/m00natic/vlfi"

After six years it's probably safe to assume this repository is not
suddenly coming back to live any time soon.

Andrey, please consider archiving your repository, but first add a brief
statement at the beginning of the README.org, stating that this is now
maintained inside GNU ELPA.

     Cheers,
     Jonas