Subject: bug#76120: [PATCH] Expose the native sharing dialog (macOS)

From: Alvaro Ramirez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2025 15:14:37 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Does an application have any control which contacts are shown in 
> this
> dialog?

Yep. There is some degree of configurability/filtering available 
for this dialog, but we won't need it. Read on...

>   If so, then I think you could make this dialog pop up as one
> (system-specific) selections in the existing Emacs context menu, 
> and
> remove from the list the contacts that are already available in 
> the
> existing context menu.  If the application cannot control that 
> list, I
> think it's very bad, because it would mean the same contact will
> appear more than once under different names.

I agree, this duplication would be bad, but it won't happen unless 
someone submits a similar patch like mine introducing/exposing the 
same macOS "sharing" actions elsewhere.