Subject: bug#76120: This feature is not about "sharing", or a "native" anything.

From: Alvaro Ramirez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2025 15:59:59 +0000

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

> What job does KDE Connect do?  What aspects of KDE does it 
> require the
> user to use?

Not familiar with KDE Connect myself, but from their website 
https://kdeconnect.kde.org :

"Enabling communication between all your devices. Made for people 
like you.

Files and links. Shared between devices."

> Is there a solution for that job which functions on a wider 
> range of
> GNU/Linux systems?

For the patch, we agreed to use xdg-open (widely available) as 
GNU/Linux's default.

The patch also includes customisation points, should users prefer 
to override the default. They could swap to KDE Connect (or 
something else), if that's their preference.