Subject: Re: bug#76120: [PATCH] Expose the native sharing dialog (macOS)

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 17:06:09 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

Could someone please explain briefly what the "native sharing dialog"
of MacOS does?  What does it try to share, and when?

When this discussion started, I did not know what sort of feature it
was asking to enable on MacOS.  I am trying to guess but I am still
not sure.

Is it a facility to copy files between one MacOS machine and another,
that does not communicate with any other system?  I am starting to
guess so, because a facility that is "native" to MacOS would work only
on MacOS.

Or is it a facility to invoke "the right applcation" to oerate
on a file?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)