Subject: [bug#76119] [PATCH v1] doc: contributing.texi: document yhetil.org web service.

From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2025 11:16:59 +0100

Change-Id: I1a6a7283c9b25864447e0b0e396b72471db7ce74
---
 doc/contributing.texi | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 22 insertions(+)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index c94ae940fa..4cf6148f3d 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -700,6 +700,28 @@ For more information, refer to @ref{Bug Reference,,, emacs, The GNU
 Emacs Manual} and @ref{Minor Mode,,, debbugs-ug, The Debbugs User
 Guide}.
 
+@node Navigating Email with public-inbox
+@subsection Navigating Email with public-inbox
+
+Contributing to Guix involves a lot of communication by email on public
+mailing lists. Reviewers reply to emails, and an exchange thread follows
+until a consensus is reached, and the contribution is accepted or
+rejected. With time, this implies a deluge of emails on inboxes, which
+difficults collaboration of communities.
+
+As an alternative, the yhetil.org @url{https://yhetil.org} service,
+using public-inbox @uref{https://public-inbox.org/README.html,
+public-inbox}, provides an online, always available archive with the
+complete history of a maillist. It exposes a public, URL oriented
+fronted based on Message-ID identifiers to classify email exchanges. It
+offers full thread overview, atom feeds, reply links and thread download
+in mbox format for local maniputation.
+
+The yhetil.org service also includes advanced searching capabilities,
+which combined with mumi hints
+@url{https://issues.guix.gnu.org/help#search} to track status, tags,
+Message ID, etc., provides a powerful tool to contribute to Guix.
+
 @node Alternative Setups
 @section Alternative Setups

base-commit: d59a13b6401e7494d8d5c9c9f66df3318451be79
--
2.48.1