Subject: bug#76118: 31.0.50; Wrong :type for gnus-score-find-score-files-function

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2025 07:28:03 -0300

After emacs -Q:
(require 'gnus-score)
M-x customize-option RET gnus-score-find-score-files-function
Error: widget-apply: Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, 'ignore

There's an extra quote in the :type spec for the
gnus-score-find-score-files-function defcustom.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 75, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2025-02-07 built on tbb-desktop
Repository revision: f6e6585f5751852dbdc972fef8fc5a3ccc6e4573
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201001
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM XRANDR
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: es_AR.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_AR.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: es_AR.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug cus-theme eieio-custom xwidget
url-handlers image-mode exif format-spec bookmark wid-browse tree-widget
icon vc-git diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode files-x vc-dispatcher
bug-reference find-func cl-extra cl-print gnus-async gnus-cite gnus-cus
gnus-demon gnus-diary nndiary gnus-draft gnus-agent nnvirtual nntp
gnus-cache nndraft nnmh gnus-dup gnus-fun gnus-html url-queue url-cache
mm-url gnus-kill gnus-logic gnus-mh mh-comp mh-scan mh-gnus mh-e
mh-buffers mh-loaddefs gnus-registry registry eieio-base rmailsum rmail
gnus-salt gnus-srvr gnus-topic gnus-uu yenc gnus-vm gnus-msg nnselect
thingatpt help-fns radix-tree help-mode tabify gnus-score score-mode
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail browse-url xdg url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs json map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader
gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load icons wid-edit cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 191937 22707) (symbols 48 18720 0) (strings 32 57713 1714)
  (string-bytes 1 1497225) (vectors 16 33166)
  (vector-slots 8 335166 19442) (floats 8 251 12) (intervals 56 870 0)
  (buffers 992 15))