Subject: bug#76115: 14.0.8; hyperref command bug

From: Lei Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2025 14:05:26 +0800

Dear AUCTeX:

When I tried to use \hyperref[name]{text} form from hyperref.el, the
command doesn't work. It reports "Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p,
t" error.

Steps to reproduce:

C-c RET "hyperref" RET y "thm:mythm" "Text-for-my-theorem"

Then it reports:

Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, t

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0)
  of 2024-09-17, modified by Debian
Package: 14.0.8

current state:
==============
(setq
  window-system 'x
  LaTeX-version "2e"
  TeX-style-path '("~/.emacs.d/auctex/" 
"/home/lei/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-14.0.8/style"
                   "/home/lei/.emacs.d/auctex/auto" 
"/home/lei/.emacs.d/auctex/style"
                   "auto" "style")
  TeX-auto-save nil
  TeX-parse-self nil
  TeX-master t
  TeX-command-list '(("TeX"
                      "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %`%(extraopts) 
%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %(output-dir) %t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil (plain-TeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode) :help
                      "Run plain TeX")
                     ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %T" TeX-run-TeX nil 
(LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode)
                      :help "Run LaTeX")
                     ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %(o-dir) %t" 
TeX-run-compile nil
                      (Texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                     ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %(o-dir) 
--html %t"
                      TeX-run-compile nil (Texinfo-mode) :help
                      "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                     ("AmSTeX"
                      "amstex %(PDFout) %`%(extraopts) %S%(mode)%' 
%(output-dir) %t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil (AmSTeX-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                     ("ConTeXt" "%(cntxcom) --once %(extraopts) 
%(execopts)%t" TeX-run-TeX
                      nil (ConTeXt-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
                     ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts) 
%(execopts)%t" TeX-run-TeX
                      nil (ConTeXt-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt until 
completion")
                     ("BibTeX" "bibtex %(O?aux)" TeX-run-BibTeX nil
                      (plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode
                       ConTeXt-mode)
                      :help "Run BibTeX")
                     ("Biber" "biber %(output-dir) %s" TeX-run-Biber nil
                      (plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run Biber")
                     ("Texindex" "texindex %s.??" TeX-run-command nil 
(Texinfo-mode) :help
                      "Run Texindex")
                     ("Texi2dvi" "%(PDF)texi2dvi %t" TeX-run-command nil 
(Texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run Texi2dvi or Texi2pdf")
                     ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help 
"Run Viewer")
                     ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the 
file")
                     ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help "View 
the printer queue"
                      :visible TeX-queue-command)
                     ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t
                      (plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Generate PostScript file")
                     ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil
                      (plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
                     ("Dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx -o %(O?pdf) %d" 
TeX-run-dvipdfmx nil
                      (plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Convert DVI file to PDF with dvipdfmx")
                     ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f %(O?pdf)" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil
                      (plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
                     ("LaTeXMk"
                      "latexmk %(latexmk-out) %(file-line-error) 
%(output-dir) %`%(extraopts) %S%(mode)%' %t"
                      TeX-run-format nil (LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode) :help 
"Run LaTeXMk")
                     ("Glossaries" "makeglossaries %(d-dir) %s" 
TeX-run-command nil
                      (plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run makeglossaries to create glossary file")
                     ("Index" "makeindex %(O?idx)" TeX-run-index nil
                      (plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run makeindex to create index file")
                     ("upMendex" "upmendex %(O?idx)" TeX-run-index t
                      (plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run upmendex to create index file")
                     ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil
                      (plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode docTeX-mode AmSTeX-mode 
Texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run xindy to create index file")
                     ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil 
(LaTeX-mode) :help
                      "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                     ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil 
(LaTeX-mode) :help
                      "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                     ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" 
TeX-run-function nil t :help
                      "Spell-check the document")
                     ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                      "Delete generated intermediate files")
                     ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t 
:help
                      "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                     ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help "Run an 
arbitrary command"))
  )