Subject: bug#76111: closed (docker-registry fails to build after commit)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2025 08:54:04 +0000

Your bug report

#76111: docker-registry fails to build after commit

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76111: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76111
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: docker-registry fails to build after commit
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2025 08:53:10 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this.

I've limited amount of tests to run now it builds successfully:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> ./pre-inst-env guix build docker-registry
/gnu/store/87a3qjxfnx01vm4yrc6m8sz53mn7ksap-docker-registry-2.8.3
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Pushed to master as a5c9e93ad44d9a394ccb412ee7e5e9e8ee159946.

> Also note that whatever the solution is for this issue, I will still
> try to find the time to do the same than we did for matterbridge with
> docker-registry (this will take priority over continuing the work with
> matterbridge).

Thank you for your efforts, you may contribute any leaf packages for
both projects (docker-registry and matterbridge) on your own pace. In my
tern I've initiated a ne round of refresh/add on go-team, keep eye on
updates there.

My target is to finialize Prometheus packaging, update bitmask VPN and
unbundle rest of Kubo. By havving all of them packaged properly we will
have quite a good amount of missing inputs for many other vendored
projects in Guix (restic, rclone, matterbridge, docker...).

--
Oleg

Subject: docker-registry fails to build after commit
From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2025 01:44:33 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

The docker-registry package doesn't build anymore with the latest
revision of Guix.

I tracked it down by bisecting the problem with the following command
(run by hand, not with git bisect run):
> guix time-machine \
> --commit=$(git show HEAD --pretty=%H --no-patch) -- \
> build docker-registry

And it gave me this commit:
> 1e4a22c4d7a03ec8614b02f0878bc38b6ba54580 ("build-system/go: Add
> test-subdirs option key.").

Now, when I added docker-registry, I didn't un-bundle it, as I didn't
know how to do it (you showed me how to do that very recently with the
matterbridge package).

So do you know what is the way to fix docker-registry? Do we need to
modify the docker-registry package? Do we also need un-bundle it before
fixing it? Or is fixing 1e4a22c4d7a03ec8614b02f0878bc38b6ba54580 the
way to go?

Also note that whatever the solution is for this issue, I will still
try to find the time to do the same than we did for matterbridge with
docker-registry (this will take priority over continuing the work with
matterbridge).

Denis.