Subject: bug#7611: 23.2; info-xref.el v.3

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 11:42:09 +1100

2011-01-07  Kevin Ryde  <[email-masked]>

	* info-xref.el: Version 3.
	(info-xref-check, info-xref-check-all): Commentary details moved
	into docstrings for better visibility.

	Use compilation-mode for the results buffer.
	(info-xref-output, info-xref-output-error, info-xref-with-output)
	(info-xref-filename, info-xref-in-progress):
	New internals for this.
	(info-xref-check-list, info-xref-check-buffer)
	(info-xref-check-all-custom): Use those.
	(info-xref-output-buffer): Renamed from info-xref-results-buffer.
	(info-xref-output-heading): Renamed from info-xref-filename-heading.
	(info-xref-good, info-xref-bad, info-xref-xfile-alist)
	(info-xref-filename-heading): Moved to output managing section.

	(info-xref-docstrings): New command checking "Info node	`(foo)Bar'"
	(info-xref-lock-file-p, info-xref-with-file): New helpers for it.
	(info-xref-subfile-p): Moved to generic section with those two.

	(info-xref-check-node): New function split from
	info-xref-check-buffer, shared by info-xref-docstrings.
	(info-xref-goto-node-p): Moved to a checking section with that func.

	(info-xref-unavail): New counter.
	(info-xref-check-node): Use it.
	(info-xref-with-output): Show count of unavailables at end of output.

	(info-xref-all-info-files): Exclude ".*" dotfiles.  Ignore broken
	symlinks.  Exclude .texi files.  Exclude Emacs backup files.

	(info-xref-check-all-custom): Fix quietening viper-mode and
	gnus-registry-install -- must use setq not let so as not to unbind
	after load.